Skip to main content

Me.....I was in a meeting.




So here I am five minutes into the meeting. Looks like its going great guns. The manager is speaking sense (my oh my...all of a sudden this big change in attitude..looks like the weekend outbound training helped). So it's going to be different. Sense and sensibility (this is the real vow factor we need to create for our customers) is back. We are now talking real thing, real problems, real concerns that we really need to address. Just why didn't he say these things before. What stopped him. What stopped......What? What? What? 

Holy S***....here we go again..and its not even 10 minutes (that's approximately round about or just extra additional close to five minutes...yup when you are in a meeting like this its bound to happen) since the meeting started and all the sense and sensibility has gone for a toss. To hell with it....show me the numbers...I don't care how. 
I don't care how the customer is changing.
I don't care what is he demanding
I don't care what his problems are
I don't care if he is not happy with our services
I don't care if he is abusing you or cursing you

(rare that a manager will say this explicitly...but then that's what he precisely means....Holy S***) 

Just get me the business.....you should spend maximum time on field.... make more visits..meet new people....why are you not doing it......where's your monthly plan? What about the weekly plan? Why aren't the daily targets happening? What numbers have you put in over there? Is this all you can do? Why not more? (Dear manager please remember what you just meant)

Well I don't have to tell you / blame about all that happens in meeting where talks about achieving target seem like the kingdom of far far away or happily ever after. There's hardly any touch of reality or awareness about quickly changing dynamics..its just that manager has himself never really bothered to step out and stay tuned. Unfortunately, he is still tuned to the world where chances of getting business were far better if not a cakewalk.

He continues.....(that's approximately round about or just extra additional close to twenty/ thirty/ forty five minutes now into the meeting) All it takes is a bloody call.....a visit...and there your are..with your hands full..you can't get customers sitting in the office (right I agree..you can't....especially sitting a meeting like this.....but it's nothing like that the customer is awaiting you with red carpet welcome either...today there are ten others vying for his attention). 

Tell me what you are going to do....hour by hour ...day by day...week by week...get back to me with your plans and we will review it together (another approximately round about or just extra additional close to hour wasted....multiplied by 10)....no plan no business.....now get up and get back to work...enough of this s***.

As soon as I step out.....10 missed calls (my manager is a terror when it comes to even the faintest of chance using or even thinking about the bloody mobile when in a meeting)....what the f***...from that one customer whom I had managed to win over and was going to sign ...."where the hell are you...you started avoiding me even before the business has started...I have been trying to reach you for the past one hour....why didn't you text or call me back. 10 miss calls is what its takes to get you call me...to hell with you...why don't say where were you?"

Me.....I was in a meeting.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One -- What Am I Going To Write About?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I didn’t have a plan for this. A few ideas popped into my head yesterday, but I let them slip away without writing them down. So now, I’m here, wondering... What should I write about? I’ve always admired how writers seem to find the words. They don’t just tell stories; they make sense of life. Whether it’s fiction, essays, or poems, their words flow effortlessly, drawing you into their world. It’s like magic—captivating and transformative. Somehow, they’ve mastered the craft of turning simple words into gems that stay with you long after you’ve read them. And then, there’s me. I just write. I let my thoughts spill out, raw and unfiltered, without much structure or thought. No carefully woven narrative, no grand flow—just whatever comes to mind. Sometimes, I wonder if I’ll ever get to the level of those writers who make it all seem so easy. Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. But right now, that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m writing. I showed

Day 2 - What's Your Purpose?

Have you ever truly asked yourself, What’s my purpose? It’s a question many ask, but few genuinely pursue. We often move through life, following routines without stopping to consider why we’re doing what we do. Many choices are made simply because "that’s how it’s always been done," without questioning the deeper reasons behind them. Think about it: How often do people choose a career because it's popular, without ever asking themselves, Why do I want to do this? It’s rare to pause and reflect on what drives us at our core. But those who are in pursuit of purpose— they ask the important questions. They don’t just accept choices blindly; they challenge the status quo, question the outcomes, and evaluate the significance of their actions in relation to their larger goals. Purpose provides clarity. It’s the compass that guides decisions and actions, ensuring every step is intentional. It’s not just about achieving success; it’s about creating meaningful change,

Day 3 - The Power of Letting Go: Why It's Okay to Give Up

In a world that glorifies perseverance and celebrates grit, we're often told to keep pushing through no matter the cost. "Winners never quit, and quitters neve win" has been drilled into us since childhood. But what if sometimes the strongest, wisest choice is to let go? What if walking away could be your key to unlocking a better future? There are moments in life when we know—deep down—that continuing down the same path is futile. Yet, we keep going, fueled by hope that maybe, just maybe, things will turn around. We tell ourselves, "I'll give it one more try," even when we know it's unlikely to work. So why do we hold on? There are many reasons, but they often come down to fear: What will people say? Will I be seen as a failure? How can I let go when I’ve given it my everything? I can’t imagine my life without this. There must be a way to make it work! These thoughts cloud our judgment, keeping us stuck. But the real point is not the reason