Skip to main content

Day 21 - Keep Going - A Journey So Far

Starting my YouTube channel, Monday Musings, was less about a grand plan and more about following my passion. I didn’t set out with a clear vision of how many episodes I’d produce or what the exact topics would be. I just knew I wanted to share insights and concepts in management that resonated with me and, in the process, help others.

Over the last year, I learned that not having every step mapped out is okay. Some topics I planned for in advance, others were suggested, and a few emerged spontaneously. Each episode became a reflection of my learning journey—researching, preparing, and growing along the way. There were moments when I didn’t know what would come next, but instead of pausing indefinitely, I chose to keep moving. And it’s this act of keeping going that became my anchor.

When you’re unsure of the path, clarity doesn’t always come at the start. The process of pursuing itself begins to unfold the way forward. In the early stages, you might feel lost or wonder whether it's worth the effort, but each small step builds momentum. And sometimes, that’s all you need—just one more step forward.

The channel brought encouragement and feedback from those around me, and while the journey wasn’t always smooth, I’m proud of whatever little I’ve achieved. Looking back, the moments of uncertainty were often the moments of greatest learning. They taught me the value of perseverance, and how, in the pursuit of sharing knowledge, you end up gaining so much more.

Keep going—that’s the lesson. Whether it’s starting a YouTube channel, exploring a new field, or navigating through life’s uncertainties, forward movement is often the best decision you can make. The path will appear as you pursue it, and the horizon keeps expanding with each step. So, I’ll keep going, in pursuit of new knowledge to share, new horizons to reach, and deeper reflections to uncover. The journey continues.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9 - The Power of Understanding

The words “I understand” hold immense power. In the TV show Two and a Half Men , Charlie Harper often uses this phrase, sometimes with humorous intent. But beyond the humor, these two simple words—"I understand"—carry a depth and magic that is often overlooked. Understanding is the first step toward empathy. It reflects a willingness to connect with another person's experience, their emotions, and their perspective. Yet, to truly understand, we must pause and reflect on what we mean when we say it.  Do we really understand what the other person is going through?  Are we merely acknowledging their words, or are we trying to feel what they feel? True understanding isn’t about sympathy or offering solutions. It’s about resonance.  Do we truly feel the depth of someone’s anxiety or pain, or are we simply familiar with the emotion?  Does understanding require us to have lived through similar circumstances, or is it possible to grasp the weight of another’s experience even...

The Trap of Who vs. The Power of What

In any conversation, debate, or discussion, we often find ourselves fixated on who is speaking rather than on what is being said. The easiest response is to judge the messenger, dismissing their words based on our perception of them—their biases, history, or even our own prejudices. This reflexive focus on 'who' rather than 'what' creates barriers to understanding and blinds us to the essence of the message. The Judgmental Trap When we become obsessed with the speaker rather than their words, we risk falling into a judgmental trap. We start assessing their intent rather than engaging with their argument. We question their credibility, label them based on past interactions, and dismiss their perspective outright. In doing so, we fail to listen. Every speaker, no matter how well-intentioned or knowledgeable, is inherently flawed—just as every argument, no matter how sound, carries its own set of assumptions and imperfections. But if we allow our perception ...

You Are Not The Only One

You just stumbled upon a brilliant idea. You have to come to believe its a gem of an idea. You have a strong intuition its going to be game changer. You want to turn it into an enterprise. You are excited, since your long cherished entrepreneurial dream is now sure to see daylight. You start putting things in place in run up to your dream venture. You are fiercely protective of your idea and taking every precaution to not let it out. Somehow you believe, you are the only one ever to think about it and if you do share it with someone else, chances are - they may rob you of the idea. So you are not willing to let your guard down. And therefore are reluctant to share, discuss and deliberate the idea with anyone else. At times, even with some who might help you shape and execute the idea. The anxiety and the insecurity of loosing your baby (that too even before its been thoroughly conceived) holds you back. If this is what you have experienced and this what you still believe. Let m...