Skip to main content

Thirty Days In October And The Day After - Day 3

Technology and Human Touch

Last Sunday when I up caught with my school friends, one of them had a very interesting thing to share. My friend has been a frequent visitor to hospitals due to an unfortunate accident that he met with about 10 years ago. He observes that in the initial phase of his treatment when he used to visit the his doctor in Out Patient Department seeing people talk to each other (this would mostly be the discussions among the patient and the relatives accompanying) was very common. That was almost about a decade ago. Things have changed now, he says with a lament. These days when he visits the doctor he rarely sees people talking to each other but deeply engrossed with their mobile...either playing games or talking to someone. Why can't they just to talk to each other? he often asks himself.

For precisely the same reason another friend of mine refuses to carry a mobile. Though he does remember to carry with him the mobile numbers of all his friends and relatives just in case a need arises. His argument, people had ways to reach each other and were better connected when mobiles were not there. In case of worst case scenario he could always turn to us. He may appear to old fashioned in his ways but is strong maintaining the human / personal touch rather than letting technology do that job. He still makes it a point to visit personally and greet someone rather than using the phone - an approach which he immensely enjoys.

Both my friends make very interesting point. They believe in use of technology but not at the cost of human touch that we are slowly and steadily loosing with the advancement of technology. How adapt to growing use of technology in our daily lives and still strengthen the personal bonds that bind us together without loosing out on the human element is what we will all need to answer in the days to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One -- What Am I Going To Write About?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I didn’t have a plan for this. A few ideas popped into my head yesterday, but I let them slip away without writing them down. So now, I’m here, wondering... What should I write about? I’ve always admired how writers seem to find the words. They don’t just tell stories; they make sense of life. Whether it’s fiction, essays, or poems, their words flow effortlessly, drawing you into their world. It’s like magic—captivating and transformative. Somehow, they’ve mastered the craft of turning simple words into gems that stay with you long after you’ve read them. And then, there’s me. I just write. I let my thoughts spill out, raw and unfiltered, without much structure or thought. No carefully woven narrative, no grand flow—just whatever comes to mind. Sometimes, I wonder if I’ll ever get to the level of those writers who make it all seem so easy. Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. But right now, that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m writing. I showed

Day 2 - What's Your Purpose?

Have you ever truly asked yourself, What’s my purpose? It’s a question many ask, but few genuinely pursue. We often move through life, following routines without stopping to consider why we’re doing what we do. Many choices are made simply because "that’s how it’s always been done," without questioning the deeper reasons behind them. Think about it: How often do people choose a career because it's popular, without ever asking themselves, Why do I want to do this? It’s rare to pause and reflect on what drives us at our core. But those who are in pursuit of purpose— they ask the important questions. They don’t just accept choices blindly; they challenge the status quo, question the outcomes, and evaluate the significance of their actions in relation to their larger goals. Purpose provides clarity. It’s the compass that guides decisions and actions, ensuring every step is intentional. It’s not just about achieving success; it’s about creating meaningful change,

Day 3 - The Power of Letting Go: Why It's Okay to Give Up

In a world that glorifies perseverance and celebrates grit, we're often told to keep pushing through no matter the cost. "Winners never quit, and quitters neve win" has been drilled into us since childhood. But what if sometimes the strongest, wisest choice is to let go? What if walking away could be your key to unlocking a better future? There are moments in life when we know—deep down—that continuing down the same path is futile. Yet, we keep going, fueled by hope that maybe, just maybe, things will turn around. We tell ourselves, "I'll give it one more try," even when we know it's unlikely to work. So why do we hold on? There are many reasons, but they often come down to fear: What will people say? Will I be seen as a failure? How can I let go when I’ve given it my everything? I can’t imagine my life without this. There must be a way to make it work! These thoughts cloud our judgment, keeping us stuck. But the real point is not the reason