Skip to main content

Thirty Days In October And The Day After - Day 17

That South Bombay did not have power supply for almost around 16 hours made headlines and news is amusing. Amusing because in other parts of the state they actually don't have electricity for almost 16 hours a day. All the name of load shedding and shortage of power supply. One of friends came across an interesting article proving why load shedding is compounding the problem instead of solving it. With the growing hours of load shedding people have started using inverters which store and consume even more amount electricity than all that has been saved through load shedding. So the article raised some pertinent question regarding what exactly is the government trying to achieve? 

As far as I am concerned, I still don't believe we live 21st Century given the frequent power cuts we are subjected to in addition to daily scheduled hours of load shedding. Nobody wants to cut down on leakage and theft. Nobody wants to do a reality check on subsidized electricity being doled out to few filthy rich farmers (yes we do have them) despite their capability to buy electricity. However the poor farmers and those in genuine need have to pay through their nose and are also subjected to tariff increase as well. Somebody has to cover the deficit and the money that is lost, right. It cannot be collected from the politicians or the various government bodies (yes, its true and neither is it a big secret) sitting on crores outstanding amount payable to Maharashtra State Electricity Board. Yet the same amount can definitely collected from the common man who religiously pays up on time month after month, year after year. Poor chap sometimes pays as much bill as a couple of air conditioners would not generate for using bare minimum electricity. He cannot afford to default either. 

Given the situation God alone knows when the citizens will have a day that passes without a single power cut or an hour of load shedding. Such day will surely create breaking news....but nobody will bother to cover it because nobody really cares those who die everyday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One -- What Am I Going To Write About?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I didn’t have a plan for this. A few ideas popped into my head yesterday, but I let them slip away without writing them down. So now, I’m here, wondering... What should I write about? I’ve always admired how writers seem to find the words. They don’t just tell stories; they make sense of life. Whether it’s fiction, essays, or poems, their words flow effortlessly, drawing you into their world. It’s like magic—captivating and transformative. Somehow, they’ve mastered the craft of turning simple words into gems that stay with you long after you’ve read them. And then, there’s me. I just write. I let my thoughts spill out, raw and unfiltered, without much structure or thought. No carefully woven narrative, no grand flow—just whatever comes to mind. Sometimes, I wonder if I’ll ever get to the level of those writers who make it all seem so easy. Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. But right now, that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m writing. I showed

Day 2 - What's Your Purpose?

Have you ever truly asked yourself, What’s my purpose? It’s a question many ask, but few genuinely pursue. We often move through life, following routines without stopping to consider why we’re doing what we do. Many choices are made simply because "that’s how it’s always been done," without questioning the deeper reasons behind them. Think about it: How often do people choose a career because it's popular, without ever asking themselves, Why do I want to do this? It’s rare to pause and reflect on what drives us at our core. But those who are in pursuit of purpose— they ask the important questions. They don’t just accept choices blindly; they challenge the status quo, question the outcomes, and evaluate the significance of their actions in relation to their larger goals. Purpose provides clarity. It’s the compass that guides decisions and actions, ensuring every step is intentional. It’s not just about achieving success; it’s about creating meaningful change,

Day 3 - The Power of Letting Go: Why It's Okay to Give Up

In a world that glorifies perseverance and celebrates grit, we're often told to keep pushing through no matter the cost. "Winners never quit, and quitters neve win" has been drilled into us since childhood. But what if sometimes the strongest, wisest choice is to let go? What if walking away could be your key to unlocking a better future? There are moments in life when we know—deep down—that continuing down the same path is futile. Yet, we keep going, fueled by hope that maybe, just maybe, things will turn around. We tell ourselves, "I'll give it one more try," even when we know it's unlikely to work. So why do we hold on? There are many reasons, but they often come down to fear: What will people say? Will I be seen as a failure? How can I let go when I’ve given it my everything? I can’t imagine my life without this. There must be a way to make it work! These thoughts cloud our judgment, keeping us stuck. But the real point is not the reason