Skip to main content

The Next Thirty Days...Day 6 (Imran's Poetries)

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara ...a good movie but one that leaves a lot to be desired. But I liked the movie the most for just one thing....Imran's Poetries ....I think penned by Javed Akhtar (if I remember correctly that's what the credit's say). There's one line in the movie which says to learn diving you need not know swimming...in the same vein to savour the taste of these simple yet mesmerizing lines you don't need to watch the movie...

So sit back as you read, reflect, contemplate and dwell into the deeper meanings of the poems so beautiful that you are sure fall in love with them. For it cannot escape a true poetry aficionado.



Jab jab dard ka baadal chaya
Jab ghum ka saya lehraya
Jab aansoo palkon tak aya
Jab yeh tanha dil ghabraya
Humne dil ko yeh samjhaya
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai
Duniya mein yunhi hota hai
Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai...




Ik baat honton tak hai jo aayi nahin
Bas ankhon say hai jhaankti
Tumse kabhi, mujhse kabhi
Kuch lafz hain woh maangti
Jinko pehanke honton tak aa jaaye woh
Aawaaz ki baahon mein baahein daalke ithlaye woh
Lekin jo yeh ik baat hai
Ahsas hi ahsas hai
Khushboo si hai jaise hawa mein tairti
Khushboo jo be-aawaaz hai
Jiska pata tumko bhi hai
Jiski khabar mujhko bhi hai
Duniya se bhi chupta nahin
Yeh jaane kaisa raaz hai...




Pighle neelam sa behta ye sama,
Neeli neeli si khamoshiyan,
Na kahin hai zameen
Na kahin aasmaan,
Sarsaraati hui tehniyaan pattiyaan,
Keh raheen hai bas ek tum ho yahan,
Bas main hoon,
Meri saansein hain aur meri dhadkanein,
Aisi gehraiyaan, aisi tanhaiyaan,
Aur main...Sirf main.
Apne hone par mujhko yakeen aa gaya.




Dilon mein tum apni
Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Nazar mein khwabon ki
Bijliyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Hawa ke jhokon ke jaise
Aazad rehno sikho
Tum ek dariya ke jaise
Lehron mein behna sikho
Har ek lamhe se tum milo
Khole apni bhaayein
Har ek pal ek naya samha
Dekhen yeh nigahaein
Jo apni aankhon mein
Hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum
Dilon mein tum apni
Betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho
Toh zinda ho tum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day One -- What Am I Going To Write About?

To be honest, I’m not sure. I didn’t have a plan for this. A few ideas popped into my head yesterday, but I let them slip away without writing them down. So now, I’m here, wondering... What should I write about? I’ve always admired how writers seem to find the words. They don’t just tell stories; they make sense of life. Whether it’s fiction, essays, or poems, their words flow effortlessly, drawing you into their world. It’s like magic—captivating and transformative. Somehow, they’ve mastered the craft of turning simple words into gems that stay with you long after you’ve read them. And then, there’s me. I just write. I let my thoughts spill out, raw and unfiltered, without much structure or thought. No carefully woven narrative, no grand flow—just whatever comes to mind. Sometimes, I wonder if I’ll ever get to the level of those writers who make it all seem so easy. Maybe I will. Maybe I won’t. But right now, that doesn’t matter. What matters is that I’m writing. I showed

Day 2 - What's Your Purpose?

Have you ever truly asked yourself, What’s my purpose? It’s a question many ask, but few genuinely pursue. We often move through life, following routines without stopping to consider why we’re doing what we do. Many choices are made simply because "that’s how it’s always been done," without questioning the deeper reasons behind them. Think about it: How often do people choose a career because it's popular, without ever asking themselves, Why do I want to do this? It’s rare to pause and reflect on what drives us at our core. But those who are in pursuit of purpose— they ask the important questions. They don’t just accept choices blindly; they challenge the status quo, question the outcomes, and evaluate the significance of their actions in relation to their larger goals. Purpose provides clarity. It’s the compass that guides decisions and actions, ensuring every step is intentional. It’s not just about achieving success; it’s about creating meaningful change,

Day 3 - The Power of Letting Go: Why It's Okay to Give Up

In a world that glorifies perseverance and celebrates grit, we're often told to keep pushing through no matter the cost. "Winners never quit, and quitters neve win" has been drilled into us since childhood. But what if sometimes the strongest, wisest choice is to let go? What if walking away could be your key to unlocking a better future? There are moments in life when we know—deep down—that continuing down the same path is futile. Yet, we keep going, fueled by hope that maybe, just maybe, things will turn around. We tell ourselves, "I'll give it one more try," even when we know it's unlikely to work. So why do we hold on? There are many reasons, but they often come down to fear: What will people say? Will I be seen as a failure? How can I let go when I’ve given it my everything? I can’t imagine my life without this. There must be a way to make it work! These thoughts cloud our judgment, keeping us stuck. But the real point is not the reason