Skip to main content

The Next Thirty Days...Day 14 (God Bless You and Bless Us All Too)



Just today morning I realized about a peculiar habit of mine. Let me tell you that it's not to blow my own trumpet.   But over the years I picked up this habit of saying, "God Bless You and Bless Us All Too". I say this every time I see or pass a person in distress, physically  and mentally challenged, special person, beggars, poor. I just happen to say these words to myself. It's not out of pity that I say these words but realizing that what a beautiful gift of life God has given me and to remind myself that how challenging life can be. And more importantly to tell myself that there are people living their lives with these challenges. Many of these walk shoulder to shoulder with people in the normal walks of life fighting the odds with much more courage and intensity. 

Despite this there are times when I wonder if I really mean those words that I say? Do I say those words just out of habit? Or is it an escape route that I seek for not being able to help these people? Are they just words or is it prayer? Till this point I really don't know the answer. But my heart keeps on telling me that this is the least you can do and it does not cost anything. So I have continued with my practice and will keep on doing. May be as habit, out of compulsion or choice, knowingly or unknowingly - I am not bothered. Maybe someday these words will become a heartfelt prayer coming from deep within my heart and I will realize it in its true essence.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9 - The Power of Understanding

The words “I understand” hold immense power. In the TV show Two and a Half Men , Charlie Harper often uses this phrase, sometimes with humorous intent. But beyond the humor, these two simple words—"I understand"—carry a depth and magic that is often overlooked. Understanding is the first step toward empathy. It reflects a willingness to connect with another person's experience, their emotions, and their perspective. Yet, to truly understand, we must pause and reflect on what we mean when we say it.  Do we really understand what the other person is going through?  Are we merely acknowledging their words, or are we trying to feel what they feel? True understanding isn’t about sympathy or offering solutions. It’s about resonance.  Do we truly feel the depth of someone’s anxiety or pain, or are we simply familiar with the emotion?  Does understanding require us to have lived through similar circumstances, or is it possible to grasp the weight of another’s experience even...

The Trap of Who vs. The Power of What

In any conversation, debate, or discussion, we often find ourselves fixated on who is speaking rather than on what is being said. The easiest response is to judge the messenger, dismissing their words based on our perception of them—their biases, history, or even our own prejudices. This reflexive focus on 'who' rather than 'what' creates barriers to understanding and blinds us to the essence of the message. The Judgmental Trap When we become obsessed with the speaker rather than their words, we risk falling into a judgmental trap. We start assessing their intent rather than engaging with their argument. We question their credibility, label them based on past interactions, and dismiss their perspective outright. In doing so, we fail to listen. Every speaker, no matter how well-intentioned or knowledgeable, is inherently flawed—just as every argument, no matter how sound, carries its own set of assumptions and imperfections. But if we allow our perception ...

You Are Not The Only One

You just stumbled upon a brilliant idea. You have to come to believe its a gem of an idea. You have a strong intuition its going to be game changer. You want to turn it into an enterprise. You are excited, since your long cherished entrepreneurial dream is now sure to see daylight. You start putting things in place in run up to your dream venture. You are fiercely protective of your idea and taking every precaution to not let it out. Somehow you believe, you are the only one ever to think about it and if you do share it with someone else, chances are - they may rob you of the idea. So you are not willing to let your guard down. And therefore are reluctant to share, discuss and deliberate the idea with anyone else. At times, even with some who might help you shape and execute the idea. The anxiety and the insecurity of loosing your baby (that too even before its been thoroughly conceived) holds you back. If this is what you have experienced and this what you still believe. Let m...