Skip to main content

The Next Thirty Days...Day 29 (So far....so good)

Wow!!. Day 29. That is something great. It has been a great journey so far. Not quite in terms of writing though. For it was good and it was bad. It came out good at time and not so good at other times. But then that's life, right? You don't always get it right. Neither should you. Somewhere, somehow (I don't mean it intentionally) you have to be wrong too. For otherwise you will never realize the importance or experience the joy of being right.

Though I always knew I would come this far..for I wanted too....it has not been an easy journey. It's difficult to come up with thoughts that help you write day after day. At times the thoughts are very much there, full of life but the words just don't justify them or find it challenging to make sense. Though it has been 29 days so far....on quite a few occasions I literally struggled to write. Started to write and then stopped, deleted everything and started afresh. Only to realize that what I started with and what came out was different. The only good point is that on such occasions I decided to tread the path further rather than just giving it up. Giving up would have been a easier option. Nothing too loose. After all other than my friend  I don't have many followers nor there have been many readers about whom I can boast of that it would have made a difference. 

But to me it did make a difference. It is not for them that I have been writing but for the fact and only objective that I have reached so far. It was more about keeping the commitment made myself. It was more of wanting to do something new for the next thirty days. It was more of being passionate about doing what you are doing. And I am glad about. 

So far....so good. But the last mile remains. For there are many who give up precisely when they have only the last mile to go. Nevertheless I am confident of achieving the last mile tomorrow but also confident of doing so in my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Not The Only One

You just stumbled upon a brilliant idea. You have to come to believe its a gem of an idea. You have a strong intuition its going to be game changer. You want to turn it into an enterprise. You are excited, since your long cherished entrepreneurial dream is now sure to see daylight. You start putting things in place in run up to your dream venture. You are fiercely protective of your idea and taking every precaution to not let it out. Somehow you believe, you are the only one ever to think about it and if you do share it with someone else, chances are - they may rob you of the idea. So you are not willing to let your guard down. And therefore are reluctant to share, discuss and deliberate the idea with anyone else. At times, even with some who might help you shape and execute the idea. The anxiety and the insecurity of loosing your baby (that too even before its been thoroughly conceived) holds you back. If this is what you have experienced and this what you still believe. Let m...

Day 9 - The Power of Understanding

The words “I understand” hold immense power. In the TV show Two and a Half Men , Charlie Harper often uses this phrase, sometimes with humorous intent. But beyond the humor, these two simple words—"I understand"—carry a depth and magic that is often overlooked. Understanding is the first step toward empathy. It reflects a willingness to connect with another person's experience, their emotions, and their perspective. Yet, to truly understand, we must pause and reflect on what we mean when we say it.  Do we really understand what the other person is going through?  Are we merely acknowledging their words, or are we trying to feel what they feel? True understanding isn’t about sympathy or offering solutions. It’s about resonance.  Do we truly feel the depth of someone’s anxiety or pain, or are we simply familiar with the emotion?  Does understanding require us to have lived through similar circumstances, or is it possible to grasp the weight of another’s experience even...

The Trap of Who vs. The Power of What

In any conversation, debate, or discussion, we often find ourselves fixated on who is speaking rather than on what is being said. The easiest response is to judge the messenger, dismissing their words based on our perception of them—their biases, history, or even our own prejudices. This reflexive focus on 'who' rather than 'what' creates barriers to understanding and blinds us to the essence of the message. The Judgmental Trap When we become obsessed with the speaker rather than their words, we risk falling into a judgmental trap. We start assessing their intent rather than engaging with their argument. We question their credibility, label them based on past interactions, and dismiss their perspective outright. In doing so, we fail to listen. Every speaker, no matter how well-intentioned or knowledgeable, is inherently flawed—just as every argument, no matter how sound, carries its own set of assumptions and imperfections. But if we allow our perception ...