Skip to main content

Will I or Won't I?




Will I or won't I? That's the question I woke up with today morning. Strange question to wake up with one might think. But there's nothing strange if you went to sleep the previous night with the promise to yourself to take up the 30 days challenge, totally out of the blue. 30 days 30 posts, I said to myself while heading to sleep. The fact that September has 30 days added fuel to the fire. 

So I went to sleep, feeling happy that I am going to go for this challenge without batting an eyelid. It must have been some hell of thought for I dozed off happily. My joy, however, was short-lived. Because I woke up to the question - will I or won't I? I had not given any thought to what I am going to write about nor had any notes made to fall back on. 

Suddenly, I realized how vulnerable I could be. I felt kind of foolish to have made such a promise to myself. I mean who does that, just say yes (even if it is to yourself) without realizing or thinking about what you are getting into? I for sure don't have any clue about how it is going to go? At this very moment, I am still not sure, if at all I will fulfill the promise I made to myself. But the good thing is I made a start. I made an attempt. 

Maybe sometimes it is better to do something different than what you are used to. It's better to take the plunge than to seat ashore and keep wondering will I or won't I. Nobody ever achieved anything without taking a step forward. The ships are meant for the sea and the aircraft for air. It's time to begin the journey and find the answer to very question that I started with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9 - The Power of Understanding

The words “I understand” hold immense power. In the TV show Two and a Half Men , Charlie Harper often uses this phrase, sometimes with humorous intent. But beyond the humor, these two simple words—"I understand"—carry a depth and magic that is often overlooked. Understanding is the first step toward empathy. It reflects a willingness to connect with another person's experience, their emotions, and their perspective. Yet, to truly understand, we must pause and reflect on what we mean when we say it.  Do we really understand what the other person is going through?  Are we merely acknowledging their words, or are we trying to feel what they feel? True understanding isn’t about sympathy or offering solutions. It’s about resonance.  Do we truly feel the depth of someone’s anxiety or pain, or are we simply familiar with the emotion?  Does understanding require us to have lived through similar circumstances, or is it possible to grasp the weight of another’s experience even...

The Trap of Who vs. The Power of What

In any conversation, debate, or discussion, we often find ourselves fixated on who is speaking rather than on what is being said. The easiest response is to judge the messenger, dismissing their words based on our perception of them—their biases, history, or even our own prejudices. This reflexive focus on 'who' rather than 'what' creates barriers to understanding and blinds us to the essence of the message. The Judgmental Trap When we become obsessed with the speaker rather than their words, we risk falling into a judgmental trap. We start assessing their intent rather than engaging with their argument. We question their credibility, label them based on past interactions, and dismiss their perspective outright. In doing so, we fail to listen. Every speaker, no matter how well-intentioned or knowledgeable, is inherently flawed—just as every argument, no matter how sound, carries its own set of assumptions and imperfections. But if we allow our perception ...

You Are Not The Only One

You just stumbled upon a brilliant idea. You have to come to believe its a gem of an idea. You have a strong intuition its going to be game changer. You want to turn it into an enterprise. You are excited, since your long cherished entrepreneurial dream is now sure to see daylight. You start putting things in place in run up to your dream venture. You are fiercely protective of your idea and taking every precaution to not let it out. Somehow you believe, you are the only one ever to think about it and if you do share it with someone else, chances are - they may rob you of the idea. So you are not willing to let your guard down. And therefore are reluctant to share, discuss and deliberate the idea with anyone else. At times, even with some who might help you shape and execute the idea. The anxiety and the insecurity of loosing your baby (that too even before its been thoroughly conceived) holds you back. If this is what you have experienced and this what you still believe. Let m...