Skip to main content

One hour of aimless wandering.........

Just how long is an hour? If you were to ask me I would say it's long, really long If you don't believe me, just try one hour of aimless wandering The other day I just did that, skipped church and kept wandering. Not the one to do so, am still wondering why I did what I did. The prayer service at the church normally takes an hour and so the moment I decided to skip it, I had an hour at my disposal and so began my hour of aimless wandering. Five minutes into it and I didn't quite know what to do with the time I had on hand. All of a sudden the clock seemed to just drag. Every now and then I would keep looking at it only to realise it had added just another minute It was then that I realised that I always had, have, and will have time in abundance but never quite realized it. It's then I went back to the beautiful poem on Value of Time which I am reproducing here and I am sure we all will realize at some point or other the "Value of Time" before its too late, for the problem with time is that everybody has it but nobody realizes it. 

To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade 
To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who gave birth to a premature baby 
To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper 
To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet 
To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who missed the train 
To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who just avoided an accident 
To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal in the Olympics Treasure every moment that you have! 
And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time 
And remember that time waits for no one for 

Yesterday is history Tomorrow is mystery Today is a gift That's why it's called the present!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 9 - The Power of Understanding

The words “I understand” hold immense power. In the TV show Two and a Half Men , Charlie Harper often uses this phrase, sometimes with humorous intent. But beyond the humor, these two simple words—"I understand"—carry a depth and magic that is often overlooked. Understanding is the first step toward empathy. It reflects a willingness to connect with another person's experience, their emotions, and their perspective. Yet, to truly understand, we must pause and reflect on what we mean when we say it.  Do we really understand what the other person is going through?  Are we merely acknowledging their words, or are we trying to feel what they feel? True understanding isn’t about sympathy or offering solutions. It’s about resonance.  Do we truly feel the depth of someone’s anxiety or pain, or are we simply familiar with the emotion?  Does understanding require us to have lived through similar circumstances, or is it possible to grasp the weight of another’s experience even...

The Trap of Who vs. The Power of What

In any conversation, debate, or discussion, we often find ourselves fixated on who is speaking rather than on what is being said. The easiest response is to judge the messenger, dismissing their words based on our perception of them—their biases, history, or even our own prejudices. This reflexive focus on 'who' rather than 'what' creates barriers to understanding and blinds us to the essence of the message. The Judgmental Trap When we become obsessed with the speaker rather than their words, we risk falling into a judgmental trap. We start assessing their intent rather than engaging with their argument. We question their credibility, label them based on past interactions, and dismiss their perspective outright. In doing so, we fail to listen. Every speaker, no matter how well-intentioned or knowledgeable, is inherently flawed—just as every argument, no matter how sound, carries its own set of assumptions and imperfections. But if we allow our perception ...

You Are Not The Only One

You just stumbled upon a brilliant idea. You have to come to believe its a gem of an idea. You have a strong intuition its going to be game changer. You want to turn it into an enterprise. You are excited, since your long cherished entrepreneurial dream is now sure to see daylight. You start putting things in place in run up to your dream venture. You are fiercely protective of your idea and taking every precaution to not let it out. Somehow you believe, you are the only one ever to think about it and if you do share it with someone else, chances are - they may rob you of the idea. So you are not willing to let your guard down. And therefore are reluctant to share, discuss and deliberate the idea with anyone else. At times, even with some who might help you shape and execute the idea. The anxiety and the insecurity of loosing your baby (that too even before its been thoroughly conceived) holds you back. If this is what you have experienced and this what you still believe. Let m...